Yesterday I went to go speak to my old supervisor about getting a raise before I start at the Le Chateau downtown next week. I'm the number one sales girl since the store opened, always make my daily objectives and deserve a rasie. I've been with the company for two and a half years, no raise. Two weeks ago, I found out that The Co-Worker asked for a raise and got it, no problem. I was so pissed!! First of all, this is not the first time I ask for a raise. I asked for one last november, to which my manager agreed that I deserved one and would definitely fix things for me. Two months later, I asked her what was going on and she told me that since we were going on commission, she couldn't give us raises. Since our store is like, a 3rd class store compared to the other Le Chateau's, our commission doesn't really make a difference. Most of the time, we're paid our regular salary. I wasn't going to bother since I'm being transfered downtown and I'll definitely make commission, but when I found out she got a raise I was so outraged. I felt so underappreciated and undervalued. She barely works. She'll walk in, do nothing for an hour (she's supposed to be cleaning). Then she'll go smoke outside and talk on the phone or to whoever's working. When The Sweet One walks in she'll go for another smoke, or go shopping around. Her lunch break is always paid since she never punchs out ever. She claims she's only going to take 15 minutes, which always turns into a half hour. It's really frustrating! And she feels that she deserves priority because she's been here the longest (she started two weeks before I did). URG.
So I scheduled an appointment with my supervisor and went to go see him yesterday. I should probably mention that I'm really awkward with anything relating to money. Talking about money, asking for money, anything to do with money makes me really embarassed and awkward. I walked in and I saw The Sweet One. I was so excited to see her! She was super dark from her week in Cuba and I gave her the biggest hug. I know that The Co Worker is talking shit about me, and The Sweet One probably hears and doesn't say anything, but I can't be mad at her. I don't know why.
The Co Worker saw me and came running torwards me with a huge smile on her face. While they were on vacation, one of our co-workers asked me if things were better between us (I had told her that things were weird between us). I told her no and then she told me that she knew because The Co Worker told her. The Co Worker went and told her that I was a hypocrite, and I was also talking shit about the girl. Honestly, that made me so angry!!! It was really the last straw. This girl is seriously stuck in high school and needs to grow up. The worst part is, I never ever have spoken anything bad against this co-worker, in fact, I just defended her agaisnt our new manager AND saved her job. So ha! She didn't believe The Co Worker and told me anyways :) The Co-Worker is so god damn fake! I felt very powerful though, because she doesn't know that I know. Ha! When she went to hug me I just politely gave her two kisses and continued to talk to The Sweet One. I'm not going to be rude with her, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to be nice to her. I even planned what I was going to say to her if ever she asked me what was up.
The Co-Worker: what's wrong with you?
Me: I know what you've been saying about me. If you had a problem with me, I would have appreciated if you had the nerve to say it to my face rather than talking shit behind my back, but I guess that just shows what type of person you are.
The Co-Worker: attempts to say something but I interrupt
Me: I'm not going to argue with you because it's not worth it- you're not worth it. You're basically a mean and controlling person and the second someone doesn't do what you think is right, you switch into this backstabbing two faced person that I don't want to know. I'm not participating in your high school drama anymore.
Yeah, I've practiced this. I'm a dork. She just makes me so angry!! But I know she's not worth it, and I don't want to give her the satisfaction of a fight. There are so many things that I can yell at her for or argue with her about, but then she wins. She's not worth it and yeah, it hurts but whatever at least I know now.
I went in the back to talk to the supervisor. He was so weird; cold and distant. He's never really been our best friend, we barely work with him but it was so strange. He said that he was going to review my papers and fix it for me, and I know I'm going to get the raise. I just wish that he would have appreciated all the hard work I've done for the company. I shouldn't have to ask- it's been two and a half years they should offer us a raise. Especially since I'm number one sales girl, I mean last week I sold more than half of what the entire store sold. He didn't even comment on it or anything. Whatever- I;m really glad to be leaving. I'm excited to get away from the high school drama that The Co Worker created, start a new, fresh job with new people who hopefully won't have the mentality of a twelve year old.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WHERE ARE YOU????
Are you alive?
Post a Comment