Awhile ago The Best Friend and I got into a huge fight. Not your stupid little chick fights that get resolved or laughed at by the end of the day. I’m talking about a huge, I-never-want-to-talk-to-you-again-ever fight. I’ve known her since I was ten and we’ve been best friends ever since. She sorta fell head over heals for this guy our fist semester in college and liked him for a full year before they finally started dating. I wasn’t particularly found of him at first (I’m still not) but, she’s my best friend and he makes her happy so that’s all that matters. She stopped returning my calls and ditching me but I figured it was their infatuation and it’ll pass as it always does, so I never really said anything. It got a little lonely sometimes but I had The Innocent One (one of my male best friends) so it was bearable. Then it got to their six months and I had had enough. I already really felt used and only good enough when it was convenient because of The Ex- I wasn’t going to get that from my supposed best friend. Granted, I could have spoken to her about it before it escaladed to such a drastic point but I kept thinking, well it’ll get better soon.
I blew up on her one night on msn (I know- I’m gay) and let everything off my chest. I was so fed up that I told her I didn’t want to talk to her anymore and I honestly felt it. It was such bad timing though because we had an intensive gym class together, including a four hour break before. She texted me asking to talk about things saying she didn’t want to lose our friendship. I didn’t respond. I know, I’m a bitch but it had gotten so bad, I was tired of being used and treated like a 3rd OPTION that I didn’t care anymore. I went to the gym class (skiing, by the way- it’s super hard PLUS we have to talk) and out of nowhere she pops up and shoots herself into my arms, crying hysterically. Yeah.
To make what could potentially be an incredibly long story, I accepted her very tearful and regretful apology and she’s been pretty good ever since. She honestly didn’t realize what she was doing (impossible to miss but hey, when you’re in love...) and now makes a conscious effort to balance us both. I didn’t have unrealistic expectations or demands from our friendship- I know what it’s like to be in a relationship and have to balance both your boyfriend and you best friend (s). In any case, we fixed things, THANK GOD, because I’d be so lost without her. Looking back I can’t believe I almost lost her, she totally gets me and supports me no matter what crazy thing I do.
Oh and by the way, for those of you who think I’m a rotten bitch right now (:(..), when she ambushed me crying hysterically, I brought her to the washroom, fixed her makeup and calmed her down. When she couldn’t attach her boots to her skis, I got off of mine, sat in the snow and tied them for her. And when she fell outside during our practice run, I didn’t laugh. Not even once.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment