Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On The Hunt

Have any of you ever been apartment hunting?
It is SO HARD!!!

First off, there's the whole price and location. The Roomate and I have been searching on craigslist.com (which has EVERYTHING) and we've been to a couple. Now, I always search for apartments with pictures only, because I don't want to waste my time looking at something that I know I won't like. Fine, I'm picky. Apparently, The Roomate thinks that we could be missing out on the OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME and The One could slip us by. Well let me tell you about The One.

The One is located on Sherbrooke Street which, okay, not particularly as close as I would like to be to McGill, but manageable. It's also in a very run down, ghetto area that, yes, smells like cat pee. Have you smelled 2 week old cat pee? Not pleasant. So I immediately would like to turn back to the car and hide, but that would be rude. So we wait. And wait. And yes, we wait some more.

The One seems to be rented by a very lazy, forgetful and rather stupid female who left us waiting there for 10 minutes. Is she not supposed to want to sell her apartment as soon as possible? She opened the door for us and led us through a narrow hallway that had a stench of vomit. Probably from the person who stood outside in the pee infested entrance. The apartment, more like a room, is painted neon green and is about the size of my current washroom. I'm not joking. It has two "bedrooms"- one the size of my closet, the other a little larger. Okay, so I sound a bit snobby right? Did i mention that, along with the neon green living room/entrance/eating area, it has a fushia pink bedroom and an orange "bedroom"? Oh and the kitchen, about twice my size in width, has a 10 year old stove. The Roomate still has hope. He wants to see the bathroom. The bathroom, I won't even complain about the size, has a 50's style bath tub with a shower head and a see through curtain (the point?). Yeah. This is why I check pictures :)

There was another apartment we saw, coincidently not far from The One, which is beautiful. A newly renovated kitchen (yay!!!) and a newly renovated washroom, three bedrooms and a living room. Why am I not there signing the lease? Well, the living room is closed off, which major no no for all you designers out there and the kitchen comes with no appliances. So we're still looking.

The Hunt continues tomorrow! Stay tuned.

No comments: